Monday, September 16, 2013

Lesson 4

What does it mean to be relational as a teacher? How will you interact with your students to accomplish this?


To be a relational teacher is to connect with each of the students.  It is to create a positive relationship with the students so that they feel that they can succeed and know that you are there to support them through their educational journey. 



To accomplish this with my future students I plan to be their number one cheerleader.  I will truly care that each child succeed in  my classroom.  I will be there everyday to pick them up when they fall, encourage them to try harder, praise them when they do good, and push them to achieve more.  When they are having a difficult time whether it be about the classroom material or an issue that is causing them not to give me their full attention I will be an ear to listen.  I will do my best to accomplish a trusting, caring, loving, and encouraging environment. 



1 comment:

  1. I love your visuals! And yes, being our students' cheerleader is monumentally important! Each of us needs a cheerleader in life! When our students have us as their cheerleaders, they will learn how to become their own cheerleader. But they still need to have teachers, parents, etc. who will do this for them.

    ReplyDelete