Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Reading and Language

After watching the videos on language and reading the information I learned will impact me as a teacher because I will be able to have clear milestones for my students.  I also have a better understanding of dyslexia and the challenges that students may have.



Another aspect of the videos that will impact me as a teacher is the knowledge that when I am speaking to my students and interacting with them no matter if it is educationally or playfully I am contributing to their language and reading development.  I can better their skills by using more complex language, answering their questions when asked and asking my own to help develop their skills, and as I already knew reading to my students is also a huge contributor to their skills. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes...every minute, every detail...counts! This is what we mean by saying that everythign we do in the classroom must be intentional.

    ReplyDelete